Like the recipe for Sesame Ginger Chicken
Wings, I found this recipe when going through some notes I made about 25 years ago.
This was one of many dishes that I served back when I was hosting the annual "Love Feast"
held for Valentines Day. I have updated the recipe to use fresh ginger and garlic.
I think the results are much better than the original
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 thumbs ginger, cut into ½″ pieces
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 lb thinly sliced tender beef.
- Put all ingredients except the long peppercorns into blender (or Magic Bullet) and liquefy.
- Strain to remove the ginger fibers and pour over beef.
- Stir beef to evenly coat all pieces.
- Let beef sit in the refrigerator for ½ hour.
- Arrange beef on a cookie sheet taking care not to overlap pieces.
- Bake in a very hot (550°) oven on one side only.
- Serve hot.