Easy Chicken Caesar Salad
I love Caesar salad. Unfortunately making it from scratch takes a lot of time.
While it is worth taking that time on special occasions, for a quick everyday
meal the following recipe is more than just acceptable. It is delicious.
- 1 head of iceburg lettuce
- 1 cup chicken strips (Trader Joe's "Just Chicken" or equivalent)
- 5 tbsp grated parmesan and romano cheese blend
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz Trader Joe's "Romano Caeser Dressing" (or other good Caeser Dressing)
- Wash the lettuce and remove any wilted or damaged outer leaves.
- Line a bowl with paper towels.
- Core the lettuce, tear it into bite sized pieces, and put it into the
paper towel lined bowl.
- Once the paper towel have absorbed the moisture from the lettuce, remove
the paper towels.
- Cut the chicken strips into pieces about ¾″ long.
- Add the chicken, cheese, a ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper, and
the Caeser dressing to the lettuce.
- Toss until well mixed.
- Sprinkle more freshly ground pepper on top.
- Add crotons on top.
- Serve immediately.
It is important that the grated cheese used is fresh. I get mine in the
refrigerated section at Trader Joe's. I do not recommend using the type of
cheese that claims not to need refrigeration until opened. Most of the cheese
labeled that way is so dried out that it is little better than sawdust.