Chicken in Tomato Sauce
- 1 large onion
- 2 large chicken breasts (about 2½ lb total )
- 6 small potatoes
- fresh ground pepper (coarse)
- coarse salt
- garlic powder
- dried tarragon
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice onion into long strips and arrange on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle both top and bottom of chicken breasts with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Arrange chicken breasts skin side up on top of onions in center of casserole dish.
- Sprinkle dried tarragon over chicken breasts.
- Wash potatoes, removing any bad spots but leaving the skins on, and arrange around chicken.
- Pour crushed tomato cover chicken.
- Bake for about 1 hour (or until the chicken is cooked through)
Serves two people and two cats.