- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Butterball Everyday Turkey Smoked Sausage
- 1 Small Onion
- 1⅔ Cups of Water
- 1 5 Oz. Package Tony Chachere’s Dirty Rice Mix
- Cut sausage into quarters lengthwise and cut the quarters into ½″ lengths.
- Peel and dice the onion into ½″x½″ pieces.
- Put oil into a 2-quart saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Add the sausage and onions and sauté (stirring frequently) until the onions just start to brown.
- Add water and the contents of the dirty rice mix.
- Stir until the spice mixture that is part of the dirty rice is dissolved.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until all of the water is absorbed (about 25 minuets).