I came up with this chili recipe when I wanted chili but had neither the time
nor the energy to make "real" chili. This chili
is very good and very easy to make, however, if you have the time and the energy
I would recomnend that you real chili.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 small white onions, peeled and diced into ½ x ½ inch pieces (about ⅔ cup)
- ½ cup chuck steak cut into ¾ x ¾ inch pieces
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can of Ranch Style Zesty Red Pepper Beans
- 1 can of Dennison's Original Chili Con Carne with Beans
- ½ cup water
- 2 oz dark run
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat vegetable oil in sauce pan.
- Add onions and beef.
- Sprinkle with the salt and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the onions turn light brown and no pink remains on the surface of the meat.
- Add the 2 cans of beans and the water. Stir.
- Reduce heat to slow simmer. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cool loosely covered for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Warning: the canned Chili Con Carne and the Worcestershire sauce may not be gluten free.