Sometimes the difference between an ordinary dish an one that is extraordinary is just a small addition.
- 1 Medium Oniom
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1½ cups Water
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 4.3 oz. package of Beef Flavor Rice (I use New Orleans brand)
- Peel and dice the onion into ½″x½″ pieces.
- Put oil into a 2-quart saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté (stirring frequently) until the onions just start to brown.
- Add the water, the rice mix, and the pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, until the water is absorbed (about 20 minutes).
- Turn off the heat, stir, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.