Real eggnog is hothing like what comes out of the cartons you find in a supermarket's
refrigerated section. It is light, smooth, and creamy.
- 2 cups golden rum (Barbados if possible)
- 10 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 6 tsp. almond extract
- 6 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Separate the eggs into two bowls, a small bowl for the yolks and the punch bowl for the whites.
- Beat the yolks until stiff.
- Beat the whites with half the sugar until peaks form.
- Slowly fold the whites and yolks together.
- Beat the cream with the almond, vanilla, and remaining sugar in a seperate bowl until stiff.
- Slowly fold in the cream with the egg mixture in the punch bowl.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add rum and stir gently.
- Refrigerate overnight, or serve immediately over ice in punch or martini glasses.