A spice mixture described in the "Goodman of Paris", published in 1395. It took
some expermentation to get the proportions right, but I think that my version
is very close to the original and, when added to wine, make a beverage that gets
rave reviews from everyone that tries it.
- 14 tbsp powdered cinnamon
- 2½ tbsp powdered nutmeg
- 2½ tbsp powered ginger
- 2½ tbsp grains of paradise (measured after grinding)
- Grind grains of paradise.
- Mix powdered spices into grains of paradise.
- Store in airtight jar or bag until needed.