Home Fried Potatoes
When I was growing up, mom would make home fried potatoes as part of a Sunday
morning breakfast anytime she had leftover potatoes. This is my version of this
classic breakfast dish.
- About 2 cups cold leftover potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- ¼ tsp Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Slice the potatoes into pieces about ¼″ thick.
- Clean and cut the onion into pieces about 1″x1″.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions to the hot oil and cook covered until the onions just start to
- Add the potatoes and the rest of the ingredients except the salt.
- Cook uncovered, turning every few minuets with a spatula,
until the potatoes just start to brown.
- Taste the mixture and add salt, if needed.
- Continue to cook, turning every few minuets with a spatula,
until the potatoes and onions are nicely brown.