- 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and combine it with the vegetable oil, vinegar and water.
- Mix the wet ingredients well,
- Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Stir the dough together with a fork, then knead lightly into a ball.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough sit in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Makes enough dough for potato or meat filling. Double recipe if you are making both.
Potato Filling Ingredients
- 5 lbs. potato
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 3 lbs. onions, chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
Potato Filling Instructions
- Peel potatoes and garlic.
- Put both into sauce pan with just enough water to cover.
- Boil until potatoes are soft but not mushy.
- Drain and let cool.
- Mash potato and garlic.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Fry onions until golden.
- Add to potatoes and mix well.
- Let cool.
Meat Filling Ingredients
- 2½ lb lean ground beef
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped,
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- 1 lb onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped parsley
Meat Filling Instructions
- Fry the onion until golden.
- Add the meat and garlic.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook, stirring and crushing it with a fork, for about 8 minutes, until it changes color.
- Stir in parsley.
- Let cool.
Assembly and Cooking Instructions
- Put a generious amount of flour on a clean flat work surface and on your rolling pin.
- Take about a cup of dough and roll it out thin.
- Cut out circles (2½″ for potato, 3½″ for meat).
- Put in filling and pinch closed.
- Repeat previous steps until all dough and/or filling is used.
- Bake on parchment paper at 350° for about 30 minutes until golden brown.