Mideastern Chicken Kabobs
- 1 medium onion
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts (or 4 split chicken breasts,
skin and bones removed1)
- Coarse salt
- Clean and quarter the onion.
- Put the onion, lemon juice and olive oil into a blender (or Magic Bullet)
and process until smooth.
- Add the peppercorms and process until the pepper is cracked but not finely powered.
- Cut the chicken into 1″ cubes.
- Put chicken and marinade into a bowel or plastic bag and mix until each piece
of chicken is completely coated with the marinade.
- Refrigerate the chicken for about 4 hours.
- Skewer on metal or bamboo skewers.
- Cook over a slow charcoal fire, turning as needed.
Makes: about 6 skewers.
1 Don's throw out the skin and bones. Use them to make soup stock.