Norwegian Cherry Liqueur
a.k.a. Pyrotechnic Cherry Wine
Back in the 1970s, this was a common beverage served at parties in Norway.
My host, who made the beverage for the party I was attending, was kind enough to
tell me the recipe so I could make more when I returned to the United States.
- Fresh cherries
- Everclear or equivalent 190-proof beverage grade grain alchol
- Remove stems from cherries and inspect them to make sure that the cherries are free of any defect or bruise.
Use only perfect cherries to make this beverage.
- Fill glass canning jars with cherries.
- Fill the jars with the Everclear.
- Seal the jars and set them aside in a cool dark place for a minimum of 1 year to age.
Warning: both the liqueur and the cherries are deceptively alcoholic. Don't plan on driving after enjoying.