- Let the pan drippings sit until the fat rises to the top.
- Skim off the fat and save.
- Put ½ cup of the fat into a bowl and add the flour to make a roux. Mix well.
- Put 4 cups of the defatted pan drippings (broth) into a sauce pan and heat until
- Add the roux one tablespoon at a time. Wisk (or stir) well between each addition. Stop adding
the roux when the gravy reaches the consistency you think is perfect. You do not need to
use all of the roux.
- Serve hot with turkey and mashed potatoes.
Save any unused fat and broth to use to make stuffing.