Yellow Squash in Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium onions
- 2 medium sized yellow summer squash
- 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of water
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground peppercorns
- ½ tsp Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- Put the oil into a sauce pan and heat.
- Clean and slice the onions into ling strips about ¼″ wide.
- Sauté the onions until they just start to brown.
- Slice the squash into pieces about ⅜″ thick.
- Add squash and tomato sauce to the pan.
- Fill tomato sauce can with water, stir to mix in all of the tomato sauce that
had stuck to the can, and add to the pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir, cover, and cook over until the squash just starts to soften (about 7
- Uncover and cook until the squash is soft and the volume of the sauce has reduced
by about 50%.