Chicken Kabobs with Mint
There are probably more recipes for fajitas as there are cooks who make them.
This is the way I typically make them.
- 1½ lb. boneless chicken breasts (or 2½ split chicken breasts,
skin and bones removed1)
- 1 cup Mint Dip and Marinade
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- Coarse salt
- Cut the chicken into 1″ cubes.
- Put chicken and marinade into a bowel or plastic bag and mix until each piece
of chicken is completely coated with the marinade.
- Refrigerate the chicken overnight.
- Clean the BBQ grill.
- Start the BBQ. While the BBQ coals are getting hot, prepare the chicken skewers.
- Peel and cut the onion in half and then microwave it until soft (about 1 minute).
- Clean and cut the bell pepper into pieces about 1½″;x1½″.
- Cut the onion layers into pieces about 1½″ wide.
- Skewer on metal or bamboo skewers starting and ending with a piece of chicken.
Separate the pieces of chicken alternately with a piece of pepper or onion.
- Cook over a slow charcoal fire, turning as needed.
1 Don's throw out the skin and bones. Use them to make soup stock.