Coconut Cream Rice
This is the same type of rice that I use to make Stuffed Nepenthes.
It is almost as good and has a far less challenging set of ingredients.
- 3 oz mushrooms sliced into ¼″ thick slices
- 1 medium onion diced into ½″ pieces
- 1 cup rice
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 cup of water
- Heat oil in large fry pan.
- Add mushrooms and onions and sauté until softened.
- Add rice and sauté until onions begin to turn light brown.
- Add curry, salt, and coconut cream.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Test rice as liquid is absorbed and add water (about¼ cup at a time)
until rice is tender.