Sesame Ginger Chicken Wings (Updated)
This is my updated version of my
Sesame Ginger Chicken Wings. It is a little more work and it requires more
advance preparation, but I think it is even better than the original.
- 2½ oz. peeled fresh ginger root
- 4 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1½ tbsp black (unhulled) sesame seeds
- coarse salt
- 3 to 3½ lb chicken wings
- Cut the ginger into ½″ thick pieces across the grain.
- Put the cut ginger, garlic, and oil into a blender (or Magic Bullet) and
process until smooth.
- Strain the oil mixture into a plastic bag.
- Wash and dry the chicken wings and add them to the bag.
- Seal the bag and shake to evenly coat the chicken.
- Put the bag into the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours to allow the oil mixture
to soak into the chicken. Turn the bag ever half hour to assure all of the chicken
wings are in good contact with the oil.
- Arrange the chicken on a baking tray and sprinkle both sides with sesame seeds
and coarse salt.
- Bake in a 400° oven until done (about 45 to 50 minutes).
- Serve hot.