Chain Headdresses - Decorating the Headress
Now that the structure of the headdress is complete, it is time to finish implementing
the theme you have had in mind since you started the headdress (see
- Add decorations to any of the jump rings on the front edge of the headdress.
- Remove segments of chain an add decorations in there place.
- Replace segments of chain with large jump rings and attach decoration to the
large jump rings.
- Add decoration to the bottom edge of the sides and back.
The final step is to make sure that the headdress fits
correctly and does not want to shift on the head.
- Remove the headdress form the wig head and put it on the person's head.
- All of the chains should be taut. If not repeat Step 3.
- Have the person wearing the headdress bend forward. The headdress should stay put.
If it does not, add or remove decoration (weight) in the back until it does.
- Have the person wearing the headdress shake their head. The headdress should stay put.
If it does not, add or remove decoration (weight) until it does.
Congratulations, you have completed you first chain headdress!
Once you have made several headdresses using these technique, you may want to experiment with other syles and other types of chain.
Creating the Framework
Filling in the Front
Filling in the Sides
Filling in the Back
Decorating the Headress